“Ioan Slavici” Foundation for Culture and Education was founded in 1999 and gained juridical status on January 25th, 2000.
In its nine years of activity the members of the Foundation have been involved in activities oriented in two main directions:
- the consolidation of the educational and cultural programs started once with the foundation
- the diversification of the relevant area, especially by creating several opportunities regarding youngsters’ support in this transitional stage by a true market economy, also simultaneously with the compulsory terms of the integration in the Euro-Atlantic structures.
“Ioan Slavici” Foundation for Culture and Education is the founder and coordinator of two educational institutions:
“Ioan Slavici” University Timisoara began its activity in the academical year 2000/2001, and nowadays includes over 1500 students in its two faculties:
- The Engineering Faculty with one major: Computers
- The Faculty of Economic Sciences with its major: Accounting and Administrative Informatics
- “Ioan Slavici” Economic Highschool (which began to function in the academic year 2001/2002, presently having 120 students)
The Foundation is the promoter of a new scientific and technological park, TIM SCIENCE PARK.
Within Ioan Slavici Publishing House several books with exquisite scientific and cultural importance have been published.
Within “Ioan Slavici” Foundation for Culture and Education Publishing House “Demnitatea” publication have been supported to debute with literary creations or documentary works with academic purposes.
„IOAN SLAVICI” Foundation for Culture and Education is the founder of “TIM SCIENCE PARK”, which is a technological and scientific park, just been awarded by the Education and Research Ministry First Prize at national level.
Also, the Foundation has its own Publishing House, “Ioan Slavici” Publishing House and its own newspaper, “Demnitatea” (The Dignity). Another relevant aspect is the “Scientific Bulletin” that gathers qualitative engineering and economic articles from young researchers, students and valuable Professors.
The teaching stuff is mainly formed by Ph.D Professors and Researchers but also gives the opportunity to young Assistants to become experienced Professors in their area by collaborating with the elder stuff.